Turn Your Smart Phone In To A Portable GPS Tracker
Your iOS/Android/Windows mobile device can be transformed into GPS device.
This application may be useful for;
- Track your device online in real time,
- Record and review tracks,
- Recover lost phones,
- Personal safety,
- Help you keep track of your children,
- Save money for business owners.
The one off annual payment will give you unlimited access to GPSlive.co.uk, for one IMEI number (1 Cell Phone), for one year.
This service is designed for use on mobile phones with the full consent/knowledge of the user/owner of the mobile device. Use of this service for illegal/covert purposes is not permitted.
How to start using my mobile device as GPS device?
- Download GPS Tracker application from
- Install and start application on your device.
- After application starts it will ask for device IMEI, you can find it on the back cover of device or in "Settings/General/About";
- Create a GPSlive account.
- Add your device to your GPSlive.co.uk account. Enter your device Name and IMEI number
- Make sure GPS and Internet connection is activated on device;
- In GPS Tracker application go to "Settings" and select correct "Server" where your account was created (gpslive.co.uk)
- Click "Start tracking" in GPS Tracker application;
- Wait for the device to get a satellite fix, this can take some time (and is best achieved outdoors with clear sky);
- After a few minutes you will see location of your device;
- If you want better battery life, set the tracking interval to at least 60-120 seconds.
- Application control using commands
To use this feature "Command control" must be enabled on your device in GPS Tracker application. Device will check and execute new commands every 120 seconds (default interval).
· Login to your GPSlive.co.uk account;
· In top panel find command prompt icon near map selection;
· For example we want to stop tracking, enter command name, it can be "Stop Tracking";
· As command select "ASCII" and enter "tracking_stop";
· Select your object and click "Send";
· Now command is sent for execution and once device receives - it will be executed;
· Command delivery period depends from "Command check interval" setting on your device.
Available commands for GPS Tracker
· tracking_start - Starts device tracking;
· tracking_stop - Stops device tracking;
· interval,10 - Sets location sending interval to server. This command sets it to 10 seconds. Lowest interval is 5 seconds;
· cmd_interval,120 - Sets command check interval. This command sets it to 120 seconds. Lowest interval is 60 seconds.